Jill R. Krera
"… very meticulous and thoroughly professional in her work…the balance of knowledge and integrity she has displayed in working with me has been exemplary."
Ahmad Karimi-Hakkak Director, The Center for Persian Studies
University of MD
"...a very professional and proactive team-player with a passion for non-native cultures and love for education."
Scott B. Noegel Chair, Dept. Near Eastern Languages & Civilization University of Washington
“...exceptionally energetic and enthusiastic teacher...projects a charisma that captures the imagination of students...demonstrated excellent classroom management skill...”
Precision Rotary Equipment
· Managing company safety program and instructing employees in matters pertaining to job site safety regulations, including the care of equipment
· Supervision of traffic safety regulations
Internship Omaha City Prosecutor's Office and Douglas County Sherriff's Office
· Safety and security concerns of state courts
· Interviewing and collecting data from court security personnel
Valente Solutions, Project Manager, Geopolitical Intelligence Group at Microsoft.
· Provided screening, research and resources for advising and rating various terms, quotes, ideas and images for product applications and release.
· Wrote articles for the Microsoft Intranet on specific topics about possible offenses and/or sensitivities in gaming and gaming contexts to be used as a resource for Microsoft groups.
· Edited and reviewed numerous brochures looking for potential offenses with regards to geopolitical concerns and cultural sensitivities.
· Provided feedback to the Geopolitical Intelligence Group concerning possible cultural offenses relative to current issues.
Co-founder, SMiles Productions language-learning software developer.
· Designed Arabic Made Easy, Persian Tutor, and Speak Hebrew and Egyptian Hieroglyphs Made Easy, language-learning software.
· Project Manager, SMiles Productions LLC, managing group of professors, developers, artists and voice talent.
· Authored scripts, and directed voice talent in the studio.
· Co-editor of the textbook, Egyptian Hieroglyphs Made Easy.
· Arabic, Persian, Hebrew and hieroglyphs word processing.
· Website management.
· Developed Olivia K's Easy Alphabet Tutor for early readers.
Teacher, World Civilizations Course, Seattle Central Community College, Seattle, WA
· Course planning, lecturing, testing and grading
Powerful Schools-Powerful Readers, New School Elementary, Columbia City, Seattle, WA.
· Structured reading program for high-risk children.
B.A. Accounting, History, University of Omaha
M.A. Near East Studies, University of Arizona
M.S. College of Justice and Safety, EKU
Homeland Security Graduate Certificate, EKU
Foreign Language and Area Studies Scholarship (FLAS) at:
· University of MI
· Columbia University
· Portland State University
· American University in Cairo, Egypt
Arab Center of Washington
Less Commonly Taught Languages (LCTL) Project
The American Institute of Iranian Studies, The Society for Iranian Studies
References available upon request.